|Showing posts under "Catastrophic Injury"
|Jul 16, 2019
||"There is a fundamental issue with inequality in terms of car safety development" - Women are 73% more likely to suffer fatal or serious injuries in car crashes
|Jun 19, 2019
||Insurance Policy Incorrectly Cancelled - Judgement Overturned on Appeal - Merino v. ING Insurance Company of Canada, 2019 ONCA 326
|Jun 10, 2019
||Applicant hit by motorcycle makes case for CAT impairment - 18-000169 KS v TD Home and Auto Insurance Company, 2019 CanLII 22189 (ON LAT)
|May 15, 2019
||Applicant successful in ACB claim well after limitation period due to highly unusual circumstances - 18-000790 CW v Jevco Insurance Company, 2019 CanLII 22200 (ON LAT)
|May 11, 2019
||Were the CAT impairments due to the accident and were costs ‘incurred’ - Pucci v. Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, 2019 ONSC 1706
|Apr 02, 2019
||TackleBar – An alternative to Football
|Mar 21, 2019
||Ryan Straschnitzki Heading to Thailand For Spinal Cord Implant
|Jan 17, 2019
||Intimate Partner Violence is a Hidden Public Health Epidemic
|Nov 30, 2018
||Tomec v Economical Mutual Insurance Company – SABs limitation period is a ‘hard’ one set at two-years – Not subject to Discoverability
|Sep 26, 2018
||Costs of CAT Assessment Cannot Be Included as Part of the $50K Limit on Medical Rehab Benefits - NS and Scottish and York CanLII 81950
|Sep 18, 2018
||Pregnant Woman struck by impaired driver and infant dies - Rodrigues v. Purtill, 2018 ONSC 3102 (CanLII)
|Jul 09, 2018
||Applicant makes case that 'but for' accident she would not be as ill as she is - AB and State Farm
|Jun 27, 2018
||Applicant's case hinges on credibility which she lacks - Bhandal and State Farm
|Jun 27, 2018
||Applicant is CAT impaired with Class 4 Marked Impairment - MM and Optimum
|Jun 01, 2018
||Applicant's injuries and compensation determined by the Schedule in effect at the time of the accident - Echelon General Insurance Compay, 2018 CanLII 13151 ON LAT 16-003153
|May 30, 2018
||Medical Marijuana and treadmill reasonable and necessary for treatment - ZA and v Certas 2018 CanLII 39451 (ON LAT 17-003297)
|May 21, 2018
||Applicant and TD Insurance, 2018 CanLII 13167 ON LAT 17-003496
|May 15, 2018
||Physician's Assessment Methodology Not Accepted - Insured is CAT Impaired - Harb and Allstate
|May 14, 2018
||To find duty of care there must be circumstance or evidence to suggest a person should have reasonably foreseen risk of injury — that stolen vehicle could be operated unsafely - Rankin and JJ
|May 11, 2018
||Applicant Fails Test For CAT Impairment - Allen and Security National Insurance Co./Monnex
- All Posts
- ATV Accidents - Posts about ATV Accidents
- Accident Benefit News - Posts about Accident Benefit News
- Amputation and Disfigurement - Posts about Amputation and Disfigurement
- Attendant Care Benefits - Attendant Care Benefits
- Automobile Accident Benefits - Posts about Automobile Accident Benefits
- Bicycle Accidents - Posts about Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injury - Articles about Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Car Accidents - Posts about Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury - Posts about Catastrophic Injuries.
- Chronic Pain - Posts about Chronic Pain
- Concussion Syndrome - Posts about Concussion Syndrome
- Disability Insurance - Posts about long-term disabilities and insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Distracted Drivers - Posts about Distracted Drivers
- Drunk Driving Accidents - Posts about Drunk Driving Accidents
- FSCO - Financial Services Commission of Ontario
- Fractures - Posts about Fractures
- Income Replacement Benefits - Income Replacement Benefits
- LAT Case - LAT Case
- LAT Decisions - Licence Appeal Tribunal decisions for accident benefit issues
- Minor Injury Guidelines - Posts about Minor Injury Guidelines
- Motorcycle Accidents - Posts about Motorcycle Accidents
- Mutual Release - Mutual Release
- Non Earner Benefits - Non Earner Benefits
- PTSD - Post traumatic stress disorder
- Pain and Suffering - Posts about Pain and Suffering
- Paraplegia - Posts about Paraplegia.
- Pedestrian Accidents - Articles about Pedestrian Accidents.
- Personal Injury - Posts about general Personal Injury topics.
- Physical Therapy - Posts about Physical Therapy treatment and techniques.
- Quadriplegia - Posts about quadriplegia.
- Slip and Fall Injury - Posts about slip and fall injuries and trip and fall injuries.
- Snow Mobiles - Snow Mobiles
- Spinal Cord Injury - Articles related to spinal cord injuries.
- Threshold motion - Threshold motion
- Treatment - Posts about treatment and care after an injury.
- Truck Accidents - Articles about truck accidents and accidents involving commercial vehicles.
- Wrongful Death - Wrongful Death posts deal with cases whereby a person is killed due to the negligence of another person.
- concussion - concussion is brain damage
- drug impaired driving - driving with blood drug levels above the legal limit
- traumatic brain injury - traumatic brain injury is brain damage
Contribute to our Personal Injury Blog
Disclaimer: This blog is not intended to provide specific legal advice. This information should never replace the advice of a lawyer familiar with the specific facts relating to your particular situation. Reviewing our website should not be viewed as having sought professional advice.