Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a complex emotional illness that can drastically affect one’s life. It is an anxiety disorder that can occur as the result of having seen or been a party to a traumatic event.
Some common causes of PTSD can include traumatic events such as:
- Witnessing or being a victim of a violent crime such as assault, robbery, rape or murder
- Enduring physical, sexual, emotional, or other forms of abuse
- Receiving a life-threatening medical diagnosis
- Exposure to a terrifying situation such as a plane crash, natural disaster, war or terrorist attack
Not everyone who experiences these kinds of events will suffer from PTSD. However, for those who do, the effects on their lives are debilitating.
Symptoms of PTSD include:
- Introversion, social disassociation, and loss of interest in things which were once enjoyed
- Hyperarousal including jumpiness, insomnia, irritability and a constant sense that danger is lurking
- Reliving the trigger event
For many, this illness not only impacts their personal life, but takes a toll on their professional life as well. It can make maintaining employment virtually impossible. For many, filing for disability is their only hope for survival.
At Deutschmann Law, we are disability claims experts who understand the world of PTSD as well as the disability process. Our lawyers will assist you with processing your claim so that we can get you on the road to a disability approval at the earliest. We know how this complex process works, and want to assist you in processing your claim, while providing comprehensive answers to any questions that you may have.
Having PTSD is hard enough - getting your disability claim approved doesn’t have to be. Deutschmann Law will fight for you. Every case is important to us because you, your health and well-being are important to us. Contact us today to set up your free consultation.