|Showing posts under "Catastrophic Injury"
|May 14, 2018
||To find duty of care there must be circumstance or evidence to suggest a person should have reasonably foreseen risk of injury — that stolen vehicle could be operated unsafely - Rankin and JJ
|May 11, 2018
||Applicant Fails Test For CAT Impairment - Allen and Security National Insurance Co./Monnex
|May 11, 2018
||Applicant and all his witnesses lack credibility - CAT Claim Denied - Ponniah and Northbridge
|May 08, 2018
||Applicant found unreliable - testing not acceptable -- CAT claim fails - Aydemir and Aviva
|May 05, 2018
||Applicant is CAT impaired - 16-001226 A State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, 2018 Canlii 13155 (ON LAT)
|May 02, 2018
||Applicant Entitled to Reasonable and Necessary Costs Only - Applicant and 16-004501 Sovereign General Insurance Company, 2018 CanLII 13158 ON LAT 16-004501
|Apr 19, 2018
||Supreme Court Rules There is No Duty of Care Owed to Thieves and Trespassers to Inhibit Theft
|Apr 16, 2018
||Applicant shows marked impairment in functional areas due to a mental or behavioural disorder - Applicant and TTC Insurance Company Limited, LAT 17-002561 2018 CanLII 8101
|Mar 26, 2018
||Tribunal Errs in Applying the Test for 'Automobile' - Decision Cancelled on Appeal - JT and Aviva LAT 16-003674 2018 CanLII 8097
|Mar 26, 2018
||Uninsured Applicant Victim of Insurance Fraud - Insurer Must Honour Policy - Bakir and Dominion
|Mar 23, 2018
||Applicant has CAT Impairment - Ivanovic and Allstate
|Mar 22, 2018
||Chronic Pain and Memory Issues Result in CAT Impairment - Steinberg and Wawanesa
|Mar 19, 2018
||Arbitrator Requires Insurer to Pay for CAT Assessment out of Fairness -Hassani and Guarantee
|Mar 18, 2018
||Hearing Loss From Car Accidents Results in CAT Designation - Sada and TD General
|Mar 11, 2018
||Applicant with pre-existing brain damage awarded NEB and ACB benefits after CAT determination - MacLeod and Coachman FSCO A12-006873
|Feb 14, 2018
||Applicant Commences Action After Two-Year Limitation Period - ST v Economical LAT 16-003034
|Jan 24, 2018
||LAT has no authority to force payments beyond what is approved in treatment plan - SB State Farm LAT 17-003290
|Jan 19, 2018
||Construction of New Home Cheaper than Retrofitting Old Home for CAT Impaired - DKM V MVACF LAT 16-004520
|Jan 19, 2018
||Applicant Fails to Prove Error of Law Made - Appeal Denied
|Jan 17, 2018
||Motorcycle rider CAT impaired after being rear ended
- All Posts
- ATV Accidents - Posts about ATV Accidents
- Accident Benefit News - Posts about Accident Benefit News
- Amputation and Disfigurement - Posts about Amputation and Disfigurement
- Attendant Care Benefits - Attendant Care Benefits
- Automobile Accident Benefits - Posts about Automobile Accident Benefits
- Bicycle Accidents - Posts about Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injury - Articles about Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Business interruption insurance - when you are forced to close your business due to external factors
- COVID - covid 19 pandemic
- Car Accidents - Posts about Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury - Posts about Catastrophic Injuries.
- Chronic Pain - Posts about Chronic Pain
- Concussion Syndrome - Posts about Concussion Syndrome
- Disability Insurance - Posts about long-term disabilities and insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Distracted Drivers - Posts about Distracted Drivers
- Drunk Driving Accidents - Posts about Drunk Driving Accidents
- Escooter - electronic assist scooters
- FSCO - Financial Services Commission of Ontario
- Fractures - Posts about Fractures
- Income Replacement Benefits - Income Replacement Benefits
- LAT Case - LAT Case
- LAT Decisions - Licence Appeal Tribunal decisions for accident benefit issues
- Long Term Disability
- Minor Injury Guidelines - Posts about Minor Injury Guidelines
- Motorcycle Accidents - Posts about Motorcycle Accidents
- Mutual Release - Mutual Release
- Non Earner Benefits - Non Earner Benefits
- PTSD - Post traumatic stress disorder
- Pain and Suffering - Posts about Pain and Suffering
- Paraplegia - Posts about Paraplegia.
- Pedestrian Accidents - Articles about Pedestrian Accidents.
- Personal Injury - Posts about general Personal Injury topics.
- Physical Therapy - Posts about Physical Therapy treatment and techniques.
- Quadriplegia - Posts about quadriplegia.
- Slip and Fall Injury - Posts about slip and fall injuries and trip and fall injuries.
- Snow Mobiles - Snow Mobiles
- Spinal Cord Injury - Articles related to spinal cord injuries.
- Threshold motion - Threshold motion
- Treatment - Posts about treatment and care after an injury.
- Trial Procedures
- Truck Accidents - Articles about truck accidents and accidents involving commercial vehicles.
- Wrongful Death - Wrongful Death posts deal with cases whereby a person is killed due to the negligence of another person.
- concussion - concussion is brain damage
- drug impaired driving - driving with blood drug levels above the legal limit
- traumatic brain injury - traumatic brain injury is brain damage
Contribute to our Personal Injury Blog
Disclaimer: This blog is not intended to provide specific legal advice. This information should never replace the advice of a lawyer familiar with the specific facts relating to your particular situation. Reviewing our website should not be viewed as having sought professional advice.