Our personal injury team has extensive experience in all aspects of personal injury claims involving car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and Long Term Disability claims.
Car accident claims:
A tort claim involving a car accident is complicated under the Insurance Act. The plaintiff is required to overcome a deductible of $30,000.00 against general damages ($15,000.00 for FLA claims). In addition, the onus is on the plaintiff to show that his/her injuries will meet or exceed the defined threshold of a permanent and serious impairment of an important physical, psychological or emotional function. The level of proof required is detailed, extensive and requires medical experts.
A car accident claim is further complicated by the Accident Benefits scheme that provides an injured person with insurer approved medical, rehabilitation and income benefits. The Accident Benefit scheme also provides a detailed dispute resolution mechanism.
Deutschmann Law Personal Injury Advantage:
- We have staff dedicated exclusively to dealing with Accident Benefits and assisting injured persons in obtaining diagnosis and treatment, including mediating and arbitrating disputed treatment plans;
- We limit the number of cases that we undertake to ensure that your client will receive exceptional service
- We have an extensive track record of success in personal injury matters. Our team has the experience to mediate the matter to a successful settlement or, when necessary, to proceed by way of trial;
- We only deal with your client’s personal injury matter. If your client has any other matter that arises we will direct the client back to your firm;
- Our Lawyer Referral Program provides a competitive referral fee to your firm, all in compliance with the rules set by the Law Society of Ontario;
- You will gain a revenue source and you will not have to incur any additional overhead.
To get started, just contact our office, by telephone (1 (519) email, and we will get our personal injury team working for your client.