Our personal injury team has extensive experience in all aspects of personal injury claims involving car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and Long Term Disability claims.
Car accident claims:
A tort claim involving a car accident is complicated under the Insurance Act. The plaintiff is required to overcome a deductible of $30,000.00 against general damages ($15,000.00 for FLA claims). In addition, the onus is on the plaintiff to show that his/her injuries will meet or exceed the defined threshold of a permanent and serious impairment of an important physical, psychological or emotional function. The level of proof required is detailed, extensive and requires medical experts.
A car accident claim is further complicated by the Accident Benefits scheme that provides an injured person with insurer approved medical, rehabilitation and income benefits. The Accident Benefit scheme also provides a detailed dispute resolution mechanism.
Deutschmann Law Personal Injury Advantage:
- We have staff dedicated exclusively to dealing with Accident Benefits and assisting injured persons in obtaining diagnosis and treatment, including mediating and arbitrating disputed treatment plans;
- We limit the number of cases that we undertake to ensure that your client will receive exceptional service
- We have an extensive track record of success in personal injury matters. Our team has the experience to mediate the matter to a successful settlement or, when necessary, to proceed by way of trial;
- We only deal with your client’s personal injury matter. If your client has any other matter that arises we will direct the client back to your firm;
- Our Lawyer Referral Program provides a competitive referral fee to your firm, all in compliance with the rules set by the Law Society of Ontario;
- You will gain a revenue source and you will not have to incur any additional overhead.
To get started, just contact our office, by telephone (1 1 (519) email, and we will get our personal injury team working for your client.