Labour Day Weekend is upon us. Don't become a Statistic Please.
September 03, 2015, Kitchener, Ontario
Posted by: Robert Deutschmann, Personal Injury Lawyer
The OPP are discouraged with the number of deaths on Ontario roads and waters this summer. On the Civic Holiday Weekend alone 16 people died in mostly preventable accidents involving speed and alcohol on Ontario roads and waters. Drinking and driving/boating, and 6 drownings topped the causes of death. Two motorcyclists dies when they were struck by cars. Inattentive driving was to blame in those cases.
Police traditionally use long weekends to blitz roads and waters in the Province in order to remind people of the laws and to enforce them. Key factors to consider this weekend:
- Don't drink/use drugs and drive/boat.
- Don't drive distracted.
- Don't boat without a PFD or life jacket on.
- NEVER go near or on the water if you are not a strong swimmer without wearing a Life Jacket.
- If you see police or emergency vehicles pulled over at the side of the highway you must slow down and leave at least one lane between your car and the parked emergency vehicle with its lights activated. If it is a two lane road way you must slow down and give as much space as you safely can.
- ALWAYS supervise children on or near the water. Letting them play unattended wearing a life jacket is not supervising.
|Posted under Personal Injury, Car Accidents, Drunk Driving Accidents, Spinal Cord Injury
View All Posts
About Deutschmann Law
Deutschmann Law serves South-Western Ontario with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Woodstock, Brantford, Stratford and Ayr. The law practice of Robert Deutschmann focuses almost exclusively in personal injury and disability insurance matters. For more information, please visit www.deutschmannlaw.com or call us toll-free at 1-866-414-4878.
The opinions expressed here, while intended to provide useful information, should not be interpreted as legal recommendations or advice.