6 Tips to Prevent Bicycle Theft
July 30, 2019, Kitchener, Ontario
Posted by: Robert Deutschmann, Personal Injury Lawyer
Bicycle theft is a big concern for cyclists and many people who ride regularly have had more than one bike stolen. After the deductible the insurance settlement for bikes often does not cover the cost of replacement and with good bikes costing into the $1000’s this can be extremely costly.
Here are 6 tips to help you keep your bike out of the hands of thieves.
- Use two high quality locks. U-locks are the best as they are harder to cut through. Consider pairing them with a heavy steel chain to ensure your whole bike is locked up.
- Place your locks so they secure the frame and the wheels.
- Take your seat with you when you lock up your bike, particularly if it is an expensive one.
- Personalize your bike to make it easy to identify and harder to sell. Get rid of quick release skewers on wheels and seats if you aren’t removing them.
- Secure your bike indoors at night.
- Take a picture of your bike and keep it with the receipt and a picture of the serial number. This will make reporting theft easy and insurance claims easier.
|Posted under Accident Benefit News, Bicycle Accidents
View All Posts
About Deutschmann Law
Deutschmann Law serves South-Western Ontario with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Woodstock, Brantford, Stratford and Ayr. The law practice of Robert Deutschmann focuses almost exclusively in personal injury and disability insurance matters. For more information, please visit www.deutschmannlaw.com or call us toll-free at 1-866-414-4878.
It is important that you review your accident benefit file with one of our experienced personal injury / car accident lawyers to ensure that you obtain access to all your benefits which include, but are limited to, things like physiotherapy, income replacement benefits, vocational retraining and home modifications.