|Showing posts under "Disability Insurance"
|May 09, 2015
||Insured's testimony consistent with medical evidence and entitled to income replacement benefits
|May 02, 2015
||Insured provided credible evidence of impact of soft tissue injuries despite pre accident medical history.
|Apr 24, 2015
||Insured's evidence did not show degree of disability or change in ordinary pre-accident activities.
|Apr 11, 2015
||Insured did not provide enough evidence to show substantially unable to engage in normal life
|Apr 05, 2015
||Insured's credibility questioned and not found to be catastrophically impaired
|Feb 05, 2015
||Chronic Pain following accidents can be a lifelong disability.
|Dec 21, 2014
||Insured's evidence not consistent with video surveillance
|Nov 15, 2014
||Insured found catastrophically impaired by car accident despite significant pre accident physical and emotional history.
|Nov 05, 2014
||Plaintiff enters into an agreement with insurers for LTD and SABs but attempts to withdraw from agreements.
|Oct 16, 2014
||Insurance is necessary protection
|Oct 11, 2014
||Evidence inconsistent and did not support insured's claim for non-earner benefit or attendant care
|Sep 28, 2014
||Insured's description of job duties inconsistent with employer's evidence.
|Sep 06, 2014
||Insurer did not act in good faith and best interest of accident victim.
|Jun 07, 2014
||Insurer's denial did not contain clear information and therefore not valid
|Apr 19, 2014
||Entitlement to Non earner benefits required trial to best determine insured's credibility.
|Mar 31, 2014
||A woman on short term disability was refused long term disability and the insurance company argued that her appeal could not proceed as she had gone beyond the time limits set out in the policy.
|Mar 15, 2014
||Attendant care amount based on Form 1, not amount paid to professional
|Feb 15, 2014
||Insured's pre-accident activities substantially changed due to injuries from car accident.
|Feb 02, 2014
||Insured testimony found to be genuine; insured found Catastrophic with marked impairment in all categories
|Jan 12, 2014
||Long Term Disability payments deductible from Income Replacement Benefits
- All Posts
- ATV Accidents - Posts about ATV Accidents
- Accident Benefit News - Posts about Accident Benefit News
- Amputation and Disfigurement - Posts about Amputation and Disfigurement
- Attendant Care Benefits - Attendant Care Benefits
- Automobile Accident Benefits - Posts about Automobile Accident Benefits
- Bicycle Accidents - Posts about Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injury - Articles about Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Business interruption insurance - when you are forced to close your business due to external factors
- COVID - covid 19 pandemic
- Car Accidents - Posts about Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury - Posts about Catastrophic Injuries.
- Chronic Pain - Posts about Chronic Pain
- Concussion Syndrome - Posts about Concussion Syndrome
- Disability Insurance - Posts about long-term disabilities and insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Distracted Drivers - Posts about Distracted Drivers
- Drunk Driving Accidents - Posts about Drunk Driving Accidents
- Escooter - electronic assist scooters
- FSCO - Financial Services Commission of Ontario
- Fractures - Posts about Fractures
- Income Replacement Benefits - Income Replacement Benefits
- LAT Case - LAT Case
- LAT Decisions - Licence Appeal Tribunal decisions for accident benefit issues
- Long Term Disability
- Minor Injury Guidelines - Posts about Minor Injury Guidelines
- Motorcycle Accidents - Posts about Motorcycle Accidents
- Mutual Release - Mutual Release
- Non Earner Benefits - Non Earner Benefits
- PTSD - Post traumatic stress disorder
- Pain and Suffering - Posts about Pain and Suffering
- Paraplegia - Posts about Paraplegia.
- Pedestrian Accidents - Articles about Pedestrian Accidents.
- Personal Injury - Posts about general Personal Injury topics.
- Physical Therapy - Posts about Physical Therapy treatment and techniques.
- Quadriplegia - Posts about quadriplegia.
- Slip and Fall Injury - Posts about slip and fall injuries and trip and fall injuries.
- Snow Mobiles - Snow Mobiles
- Spinal Cord Injury - Articles related to spinal cord injuries.
- Threshold motion - Threshold motion
- Treatment - Posts about treatment and care after an injury.
- Trial Procedures
- Truck Accidents - Articles about truck accidents and accidents involving commercial vehicles.
- Wrongful Death - Wrongful Death posts deal with cases whereby a person is killed due to the negligence of another person.
- concussion - concussion is brain damage
- drug impaired driving - driving with blood drug levels above the legal limit
- traumatic brain injury - traumatic brain injury is brain damage
Contribute to our Personal Injury Blog
Disclaimer: This blog is not intended to provide specific legal advice. This information should never replace the advice of a lawyer familiar with the specific facts relating to your particular situation. Reviewing our website should not be viewed as having sought professional advice.